1. Avoid talking about Exes. It doesn’t matter if its yours,or his there is no reason to bring them up on a first date. Do you really want him thinking about his ex while on a date with you? There is a reason why they are called Exes. Don’t give a him a reason to compare you with her.
2. Leave religion alone for now. For some it a serious topic and when you first meet someone you don’t want to make anything at all serious before you truly get to know them. It could lead to arguing and debating especially if you two have different religious backgrounds.
3. Politics! Just like religion politics is serious to some. Your political party really only matters every 4 years. So not unless an election is coming up don’t bring it up. Obviously people have different outlooks on certain topics and when you add politics it never comes out good!
4. Crazy Family! If you know that someone in your family is crazy (literally) or an alcoholic or something that could cause drama later, don’t try to scare the guy away by telling him all the stories now. Let him get to know you for you and understand the family later. And don’t bring up that your Uncle Dan is in prison for killing someone either..
5. Background Check! If you have a background history that isn’t too pleasant don’t bring it up right away. Don’t lie about it either. If you went to jail for stalking an ex, keep it to yourself. You don’t want him to think your following his every move especially when you first met.
6. Future! Don’t try to include him in future plans. You just met. Even though you may have thought you hit it off don’t start planning any weekend getaways just yet. Don’t come off as desperate so soon!
7. Don’t bore him! If he tells you that he watches ESPN all day. Just because you don’t, don’t try to change the subject to a best selling author. Find something that you both can relate on.